Monday, January 02, 2006

The last day of Holidays

Don't you just love Christmas?

The last day of the holidays, and I'm all nice and chilled. I even took the family out for a nice lunch at a pub near Manly, right near the water here in Sunny Brisbane. It was stinking hot, but fortunately the bistro was air conditioned, so it was actually quite pleasant. We also managed to beat the lunchtime rush too, for whatever reason. I think I'm on a lucky streak at the moment so my anger levels are at lows for the moment.

I even took the kids for an afternoon swim in the pool, which was also good - except when our loving middle child decided that it would be fun to shoot me in the ear with a water pistol. Nice one, yeah. Looking forward to going back to work with an ear infection. I had mainly been getting him to shoot the dog. Speaking of the dog, we've decided that the dog is NOT allowed in the pool area any more. She gets in the water and not only stinks up the water, then she stinks. Having a 12 year old German Shepherd who think she is still a puppy isn't really cutting it. We're more tolerant of her now that she's getting older, but of course, when you treat your dog like your child - as she was for the first 4-5 years of her life, then you should expect what she turns into. Like the children, a spoilt, annoying little monster! Nah, she's not that bad - and its still got to be the best burglar alarm money can buy.

My wife had the night off tonight to go and see "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon. I've had a good run of movies over Christmas, getting to see "King Kong", "Chronicles of Narnia" and "Fun with Dick and Jane". I also watched "Crash" and "White Noise" last night on video. An interesting and eclectic mix, no doubt. I love movies.

Well, work starts again tomorrow, so my Dilbert inspired life will no doubt come back to haunt me. If I was to classify it cartoon/comic sense, I'd probably rate it as parts Simpsons, parts Calvin and Hobbes, parts Hagar, part Wizard of ID, with a strong smattering of Charlie Brown for my childhood. If only I'd collected the Batman as a kid.

Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home