Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Another Day, No Air-con

Another hot day, and another day of no air conditioning on my floor at work. Fortunately, I managed to decamp again to another floor. Unfortunately, I had to make the odd sortie back onto the heat box floor to gather bits and pieces. Man, now I know how a roasting chicken feels. They tried to help the situation by placing industrial strength fans on the floor, but all that did was change the over from "bake" to "fan forced". I presume it must be great for the body to be in a continual state of sauna. Can you believe that some people even stayed in it to further cause?

Tonight, in an effort to maintain family togetherness, I am attempting to do a self connect to Broadband. What joy. I like to think I'm technically savvy, however, I am not organisationally savvy. By this I mean that all the paperwork I had, which includes all the set up details, I've magically misplaced. This of course means that I stomp around the house trying to find any remnants of the paperwork. Being the technical guru that I am, I also had disconnected all the old dial up capabilities, so then I had to reconnect it all, and try yet again to get to my old account (where all the new account details were sent - go figure). You have to love new technology don't you.

Now its time to reminisce. In the good old 1980's, I used to be ahead of the game in all technologies. I had one of the first CD players. I could work the video recorder. I was the main man when it came to anything IT. I even had an IBM 8088 PC with a Hercules Graphics Card. These days, its taken me a year to upgrade from my old 486 to a Pentium spec once I blew up the motherboard, whilst all the while toying with the idea of getting a Mac, and also complaining to the family that we didn't need a new computer because I had to sit in front of one all day anyway. Selfish aren't I. Lucky the kids are still young!

Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home