Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Home

We returned back to Brisbane today from Melbourne. The morning was spent with Anth reminiscing with her sister whilst the kids ran around doing their final We're all kids and we're all in this together play. I managed to freak them out using the Karaoke machine. I don't get it. It had a musical tracker in it which checks your pitch against the guide track, and gives you a rating out of a hundred. On a few of the songs I decided to sing I was consistently in the 90's, and had two overall scores of 78, which they all said was the highest. I thought I sounded flat, and I have a tendency to slide to notes when I'm off key. Mel is the next best singer, I think, and she's had a lot of practice. Jess has to keep up the guitar and they'll have the next version of The Veronica's!

Once again, I am so thankful that we flew rather than drove. We left the Dandenongs behind at around 11:30am, and Callum started up straight away. After about 15 minutes he fell asleep. I'm not sure whether it was his car seat, or that we were in a different car, or he was just being a normal baby, but he did spend most of his awake time in the car squawking. Ethan was the only one who could get him to stop by pulling faces at him to make him laugh.

The flight home was beautiful in that it was uneventful. This time, as we were on a 737-800, Anth and the three boys were in one set of 3 seats, whilst I was in blissful ignorance across the aisle. I even got to eat an Ice-Cream, much to the disdain of my wife and children, after Anth had told the boys that they could have one when they got home. Not this big kid. I was having an Ice-Cream and that was that. So what if my kids both sat there saying "Can we have an ice-cream mum? Dad's having one. Can't we Mum?"

Thankfully, with our arrival in Sunny Brisbane, Sharon was again faithfully there to pick us up. It was so nice to get off the plane to beautiful 26 degrees C weather. It sure beats the windchilled air of Melbourne! I miss a few things about Melbourne: family; friends; footy; the gardens; the cuisine; but the weather sure isn't one of them.

Ciao for Now, Warmed Up Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Welcome home! The more you talk about it the more I want to go sing Kareoke!

I missed American Idol last night so I was bummed but I went to eat Thai food instead (Eric didn't cook german for me).

Glad to hear your flight home was uneventful. When are you headed back to work?

I am still in Charleston and that may get extended a day or two - not sure just yet.

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home