Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Sleeping Inn.

Last night Callum decided that he would toss and turn most of the night. Anth and I are in one of the guest beds, which would be fine without a baby, but not so fine with one. He managed to keep us awake most of the night. I'm not sure why, but when he gets passed to me, I can get him to sleep quite quickly, but it usually involves him sleeping on my arm. When this happens I just can't get into a position where I can get back to sleep, so I lay there, hoping sleep will come. It doesn't. Eventually the Appendage will decide he needs to be attached to another body part, so he grizzles, and that's when I can pass him back. Apparently, although I felt like I didn't get any sleep, Mama tells me that she could here me punching out the Z's for most of the night.

So in the morning I got asked the $1,000 question when Callum woke up smiling and giggling.

"I'll give you a $1,000 if you get up with him."
"No, I'll give you$10,000."
"Don't be stupid. Get up."

That was at 7:30am. He fell back to sleep in my arms at 8:30, sleeping through until 9:30am. Anth got up at 10:00am. Aidan didn't get up until 11:00am. I went back to bed at 11:30am and slept through to 1:30pm. The only one who got up and was active in our family was Ethan. Grandad and Mama put us to shame. They were up doing Lifeball, going bike riding, and doing the shopping to feed our hungry horde.

We have all developed nice sleep habits since arriving here. The nice thing about a country town like Deniliquin is that you don't really have to do anything. We went for a walk to the local park today, as well as for a walk along the Edwards River. We didn't have to, but we thought that after a nice long sleep in, we better get out of the house at least for a little while.

Ciao for Now, Sleeping In Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I like days that you can catch up on your sleep. Since I don't sleep well during the week (even without an appendage) there are occasional days on the weekend that I just sleep for the majority of the day to catch up - and its oh so nice.....

Glad to see you are having a relaxing time with the family. I am headed to Charleston this weekend (woohoo). Flying to Charlotte, NC on Sunday (to visit with the folks) then I am driving down Sunday night for the week. Then driving back to NC on Monday and will drive home with Den and kids on Tuesday. (did ya get all that? just stay tuned to the blog - it will all be there)

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home