Monday, April 03, 2006

No sleep 'til Brooklyn

I've just been sitting here contemplating what I was going to write about tonight, and lamenting the fact that I can't think of anything, and "Geez I'm tired." That's when "No Sleep 'til Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys wafted into my head. Anyone who had even a middling interest in Rap during the late 80's would recognise these White Jewish Boys and their contribution to the whole genre, and their continuing influence to this day.

So why am I tired? He is named Callum, or "the Appendage" by another name. Maybe I should just call him Scream-Oh, or the child who steals sleep.

Last night, I foolishly stayed up late. When I went to bed, I foolishly got paranoid about taking a baby and a disabled child on a plane flight, regardless that it is better for my sanity than 3 days in car together, and that's only one way! That kept me up until just after 1:00am. Callum woke up at 1:30am. Screamed. Anth said that I snorted and snuffed, but didn't do anything, even though I was awake. Same thing at 3:00am. Same again a 5:00am. At 5:00am it was my turn to take over. I got him back to sleep about 5:45am. At 6:15am, after about a cumulative 3 hours broken sleep, Aidan decided to get up and turn "Blue's Clues" on at full volume. Our bedroom door was open.

Now don't get me wrong, Blue's Clues is one of the best children's programs on television. Just not at 6:15am after no sleep. It didn't stop Aidan from turning it down, then 5 minutes later when a new and more exciting character came on, turning it up. God Bless Him.

Ciao for Now, Tired and a little bit sensitive, Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK first of all.....I loved that song...I had this album (actually it was a cassette tape) back in the day!

A good night's sleep is something I rarely get anymore. The meds keep me up and then the sleeping pills only work part of the time.

Anywho, the whole no sleep til brooklyn reference was funny - and I may have to steal it and use it on my blog one day :)

Hope you get some rest tonight

1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home