Friday, March 31, 2006

Muscle aches and strains

There are days when I feel every one of my 38 years. Actually, I feel today like I must be 60+. When I headed in to work today, we had a very rare morning where there was drizzly rain, almost like a Melbourne morning. The nice difference was it was still over 20 degrees C. However, my umbrella was stuck at home in the pram basket as I'd stupidly forgotten to put it in my bag. Suffice to say, for the 30 minute walk into work, I got nice and wet and cold.

On top of feeling sore and tired from lots more exercise than I'm used to, this seemed to combine to make me feel generally shitful. My work day was one of the more unpleasant one's, and culminated in the drive home trying to get Aidan's last minute birthday gift. I constantly berate myself for leaving stuff until very close to the last minute, then running around like a stupid chook to make sure I get everything I need. More on this tomorrow.

I got take-away Fish and Chips for dinner, went home, dished them out, we ate, and then it was my turn to hold the baby. Today was one of those days when a 6kg baby seemed to way around 30kg. And when he wiggled, it felt like 50kg. And when he screamed, it felt like a 100kg siren. I tensed up, and managed to sprain all the muscles down the right side of my back. What joy.

Anth quite rightly wasn't up for giving me any sympathy. She has to deal with it every day. So I better just toughen up and stop my whinging!! I can just hope that the hot and cold sweats visit me again tonight in bed.

Ciao for Now, Pathetic Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

hmmm perhaps you can persuade Anth for a massage and you could return the favor?????

Hope you feel better soon!

OH its friday - you really should start playing SPF!

12:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home