Saturday, March 25, 2006

Broken Videos

I've said before that in the dim distant past I was a bit of a technophile. I used to have all the latest gadgets. That theory somewhat goes out the door when you introduce children into your lifestyle, unless you want to have all your stuff locked away in unused rooms. The new theory in our household is that you have to accept that anything with a smidgen of technology in it will get broken or destroyed by our children, particularly Aidan.

Aidan isn't averse to learning how to work electronic things, like DVD players, Video recorders , TV or the Computer. He has a knack of knowing how to do repetitive things to achieve results, which is both a good, and bad thing. This morning, whilst I was outside hacking into our side hedge with both a hedge trimmer and chainsaw, in between cuts I heard the indoor argument. I already had a full head of steam due to attempting to do some manual/automatic garden work. The steam head blew when I got inside and found that Aidan had attacked the video player whilst Ethan was watching, Ethan had retaliated with a whinge, and then had attempted to fix the video - to no avail. As I stormed in, I found that the video player has been adjusted with one of the main controls now not working properly. I lost it, and both boys ended up in their rooms.

Anth, who was outside with Callum at the time, came back in and thought I was going to have a stroke. She of course laughed at this, which was that tension release because I knew I'd gone over the top. But I really can't stand that virtually every piece of electronic gear we've had has been adjusted, often by Aidan. This is particularly tough when you're a hoarder like me, and when technology takes on sentimental value.

I can't wait for the next time I start up the computer and find something else that doesn't quite work because Aidan's had the PC on by himself to play Blue's Clues.

Ciao for Now, Technologically Inept Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home