Monday, March 20, 2006

Exercise is Good

All of us are trying to do a bit more exercise. Ethan has probably been the most successful. With his additional soccer and taekwondo training he seems to have stretched that little bit more, and his belly certainly has been reduced. Aidan continues to ride his bike at school, do gym, and generally run around. He's still as thin as a rake. Callum is also going through a phase where he constantly kicks his legs out, and he's beginning to move around all over the place. Anth is about to start up a walking program.

Today was one of the days where I ended up exercising twice. Both times, before I actually did anything, I felt particularly crap. I went to gym at lunch time with two colleagues. If they hadn't gone, I don't think I would have. Fortunately, they did, and we did some chest and bicep exercises. I think I lifted the most on the plate loaded bench press than ever before (well, in a long time), peaking at 120KG for a few reps. Everything else went well, and I came out feeling pretty good.

That had worn off by late afternoon, and by the time I got home my neck was aching and I had a headache. Again, I thought about not going on to taekwondo, but I downed a couple of Panadol, and went off. Again, it was a good session, and I finally think I'm getting the hang of some of the basics.

The overall upshot, no matter how crap I'm feeling, if I don't exercise, I know I'll feel even worse. Also, with my poor eating habits, its only the exercise which is keeping me in some minimalistic sort of check as well. If I wasn't doing it, I'd definitely be well into the obese classifications, rather than just being on the cusp! (Diet will come, I've just got to get in the right frame of mind)

Ciao for Now, Exercising Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I sooo need to get back into a regular exercise routine. I haven't done that in a long time and I do feel a big difference - but it is all a matter of motivation....I always seem to find something better to do......ugh

3:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home