Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Change of Plans

Today was one of those days which was a culmination of things not going to plan. It actually started a week ago, with Callum having Chickenpox. Because of the pox, Anth had rescheduled her bookclub meeting to tonight. Normally she would have cancelled, but it was her book, Goldie, about Goldie Hawn, which they were reviewing.

She thought that having it tonight would have been fine. I would look after the kids, and everything would be sweet. I changed her plans by having a trip to Sydney scheduled late last week as part of work. We worked around this by contacting Grandma so that she could come and help out, hopefully doing some "gap" childminding between the time Anth left, and when I flew back in later this evening.

Today, I got all suited up, as we were meant to meet with clients. The flight was scheduled for 1:15pm. At 11:00am I found out we weren't going. Change of Plan. I tried to get on to Grandma before she left for our house, but it was too late and she was already on her way, with Grandpa in tow. I called Anth and told her I now wasn't going, so would be home at a reasonable time. This changed her plans. She wouldn't need to take Callum with her now. I had to spend the day at work all dressed up with no place to go.

My parents plans also changed. Instead of staying the night as they planned. Now they could go home. Fortunately, Grandma still stayed and made dinner, so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about, and she always cooks something nice! If only I could say the same about the kids. After mum and dad left: Aidan managed to wee on me; Ethan wanted to have a long discussion about how he had to sleep in our bed because he was scared, and subsequently wouldn't go to his own bed; and Callum woke up and screamed for over an hour. Joy oh Joy. If only the plans hadn't changed!

Ciao for Now, Unplanned Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home