Saturday, March 04, 2006

Kids in the Fruit and Vegie Section

We have a reasonably well set routine for Saturday mornings. It generally involves going to the Supermarket for the weekly grocery shopping. Aidan and I are the main participants. This allows me to spend some time with him, and gets him out of Anth, Callum and Ethan's hair for the morning.

Today, other things came up which meant our trip was delayed. We had a kids birthday party on for Ethan, and as Callum has the Chickenpox, I stayed home with Aidan and he. I think this threw Aidan out a bit. We didn't get to the shops until around 2:00pm, and he was a right little shit.

Before I had kids, I always thought that people who went to the fruit and vegies section of the supermarket and ate the fruit or vegies were incredibly rude. I also thought it was unhygenic. Having kids has made me realise just how unhygenic it is. My beautiful child has a penchant for blowing his nose, playing with his bum, rubbing his mouth... all those charming things that kids do. Then he handles the food in the shops. Is it any wonder the superbugs go around our community like wildfire?! It isn't just my kid that does it, and we adults aren't really any better. And don't go telling me that its just a supermarket thing, because I can guarantee its happening in Joe's Family Run Fruit Shop as well.

Today, Aidan was in his element. The thing which tipped me over the edge was when he grabbed a nectarine, slobbered all over it, and then attempted to put it back onto the tray with other nectarines. Fortunately, I grabbed it and put it in the trolley before it got near. I lost it. Aidan probably won't be going to the shops with me again this week, and today he missed out on his favorite visit to "The Chicken Shop" where he gets his normal dosage of free chicken.

Ciao for Now, Unhygenic Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home