Thursday, March 02, 2006

Losing a tooth

Tonight I had thought I would come home to an empty house. Ethan was meant to be at Tae Kwon Do with Anth and Callum. Aidan was meant to be at after school special care. No one was where they were meant to be. When I got home, Aidan greeted me at the front door. Ethan was lying on the couch, with his Tae Kwon Do pants on, but nothing else. Once he saw me he burst into tears.

My first thought was that Aidan had done something bad at school, so Anth had had to go and get him, and therefore Ethan missed out. It turns out Ethan had gone to Tae Kwon Do, and Aidan had gone to after school care, but both had differing events which meant they weren't where they were supposed to be. Aidan had played up, asking to come home, so they rang Anth to go and get him. Ethan lost his tooth at Tae Kwon Do.

Now, my initial reaction to this, as was the reaction of most people at the place where Ethan trains, was that someone had knocked his tooth out. Not my son. You see, my son had decided that it would be a good idea to chew on his uniform whilst waiting for the next thing to happen. As his tooth was loose, when he chewed, it fell out. This of course meant that he freaked out. Apparently he started screaming, and there was no way anyone could calm him down. Anth had let one of our friends, whose son also is a member, take Ethan. Poor guy. He had to try to calm Ethan down, and then take him home. Alledgedly, Ethan screamed the whole way home. It took Anth almost half an hour to get him to calm down, and tell her what really happened.

I think this is the first tooth Ethan has pulled out himself. I think the shock of it falling out, and because there was blood, upset him significantly. On top of this, without Anth being there he had no one to calm him down straight away. Hopefully, when the Tooth Fairy comes visiting overnight he'll feel much better about it all!

Ciao for Now, Toothy Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home