Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Anniversary, now here's the screaming child...

Today was our 12th Wedding Anniversary. I stopped in to get flowers and chocolates on the way home, and these two guys said to me,

"Flowers and Chocolates? You must be in trouble mate!"
"It's all good mate. It's my anniversary!"

Now I know getting flowers from Woolworth's isn't the most romantic place from which to get flowers, but I've found Brisbane has a real dearth of florists, especially one's which are open after 5:00pm. You're probably also thinking that I should have thought of that earlier. I had, but just hadn't done anything about it!

Anth had made dinner for my arrival home, and it was topped off with her custom made, fancy, dancy chocolate mousse. She does this sooooo well. Lashings of smooth chocolate, surrounded in a bath of raspberry sauce, and garnished with white chocolate hearts. What more can a man ask for, especially a man who's heart is clearly accessed by his stomach!

Unfortunately, Callum is going through a phase where once it hits about 7:00pm, if he's not asleep he has to scream his lungs out. This can last anything from 1 to 3 hours, depending on his mood. Anth is the only one who can settle him, and it isn't always working. I got to have him sit on my lap, crying, whilst I ate dessert. Lucky thing chocolate does make it better!

Ciao for Now, Chocolate Mousse Filled Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Hey! Happy Anniversary!! Please give Anth my best!!

And been there done that having dinner with a screaming kid on the lap

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home