Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Star Jumps

Today I had the pleasure of working out with one of my colleagues. By working out, I mean going to gym, and ensuring that we got some of our anger out by training hard. It was great. I made him do Chest and Biceps with me, the cornerstone of any good workout. If you've got a big chest, it helps hide your big gut. If you've got big arms, what else do you need?! I had last week off as I was sick for most of it, and the good thing about recovery is that when you go to gym you actually feel stronger, and the other guy pays for it. I hope his biceps are sore from some nice descending sets we did.

Exercise is good. We are trialling a Tae Kwon Do club for Ethan. I think he really likes it, and he's been going along quite willingly so far. Yes, I know its only been twice, but it is a good start. I especially like watching him doing his exercise and seeing how uncoordinated like me he is. Star Jumps is a personal favorite. He believes that you have to do them "super fast". This means you jump up and clap, and then jump and then sort of clap, then another clap, then get your feet right. You get the picture.

I am really proud of him. He obviously enjoys it, and he seems to have got into the rhythm of it very quickly. We do, however, need to keep a handle on his strength. Ethan, at only 6, is as big both in girth and in size, as some of the 10 year olds in the class. He also has the maturity of a six year old, which means for some of the instructions he takes things quite literally. Towards the end of the class they did some basic "hold and break" self defence techniques. The instructor helping Ethan told him to "break" the hold another child had on him, which he did, with a big smile on his face. Then she made the mistake of saying "So after you break the hold, then you can punch". Ethan of course took this literally, and laid a left hook into the opposing kids stomach. Said child obviously wasn't expecting this, and quickly doubled over whilst the instructor quietly berated Ethan with "No, we don't really punch!"

By the way, the rat is now dead.

Ciao for Now, Long Live King Rat Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Congrats on the dead rat!

9:06 am  
Blogger National Enquirer said...

Yeah, my biceps hurt a bit today though not that bad. The bad part is that it will be worse tomorrow (based on past experience) and last for another day after that. No pain, no gain.

I thought it was a mouse after all?

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home