Sunday, February 05, 2006

Its About Time (Take 2!)

This post was originally written on Saturday 4th February. Due to problems with the Blogger server, it appears to have been lost in its original form.

I will be the first to admit that I am atrocious with time. If someone schedules me to be somewhere at a particular time, I'm very rarely there at that time. I'm more than likely 5 minutes late, but that has been known to stretch to 10, to 15 even to 30 minutes overdue at times. I know it frustrates the hell out of people, and I even deliberately run my watch 6 minutes fast in an effort to overcome this. It doesn't work. I know my watch is 6 minutes fast, so I compensate for it!

Children and timing is important. Today, Aidan was scheduled for some respite activities. This was the first time we had put him into this service on a Saturday. Our thinking is that it will be easier for Ethan to do things like Soccer or Football without everyone having to worry about Aidan running around annoying people (well, annoying us really!). He has been there before, and was excited about going to play group. It was meant to start at 9:00am.

I got there about 9:05 am (not bad, in my books!). The gates were all padlocked up. There was another family with a special needs kid there, but once we pulled up and Aidan saw that the gates were shut, he was off. By off I mean, the screaming started. "Want to go to Play Group." "Now." "NOW." This was quickly followed by "I want to go home. HOME." when he realised that he wouldn't be getting out straight away.

So back home it was, followed by a phone call back to the centre to find out what was going on. It turned out that the main carer had unfortunately slept in due to a power failure, so this affected the start time. By 9:40am we were back, and this time I was able to drop him off, this time without problem.

Ciao for Now, conscious of the effects of time, Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home