Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Late Home Bad Habit

There is no denying that kids who work to a routine tend to behave better. They know when things are meant to happen, and you can work with them to keep them within that structure. Everyone stays happy, and the kids are all happy little automatons. Well, its not that bad, and it is one of the techniques SuperNanny espouses.

My daily work day routine is meant to look something like this:

5:30am Get Up
6:30am Drive to work
7:30am Work
4:30pm Leave Work
5:30pm Get home

If this gets followed, I arrive home during Witching Hour and can get dinner ready, try to amuse the kids, help with getting the kids settled and ready for bed and get all of this done by between 8:00-8:30pm.

Tied to this is getting enough sleep. I can function on 6 hours a night, but ultimately, I need to catch up. This happened last night, after again staying up until midnight playing on the stupid computer and Internet. I'm not doing anything really productive: just surfing, a bit of online play gambling, reading other's blogs. I then watched Cut on late night television - Molly Ringwald, what were you thinking?

Suffice to say, the 5:30am target wake up call didn't get met. I got up around 7:00am, pushing everything back by an hour and a half. This didn't mean I got home at 7:00pm though, as I decided that because I was late, I would get KFC. Big mistake, it took nearly half an hour to get served, and now I'm working with the after-effects. Don't get me wrong, I love KFC - but it is only feasible to eat once every 3 months or so because of the digestive effect it has on me!

So I got home around 7:45pm. The baby was crying when I walked in, and attached as The Appendage to Anth's hip. She had that look of "you bastard" as I walked in. The older kids were down the back with the last resort meal (baked beans) Anth had cooked them, but quite happy to hoe in to the KFC kids meals I had. As time was thrown out, settling them by 8:30pm was a chore. Anth only spoke to me again after I went and got her some Lindt chocolate.

So tonight I better go to bed early. Ciao for Now, Guilty Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger National Enquirer said...

KFC AD06! What are you encouraging your kids to eat? *-)

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home