Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tongue Twisters and Word Rhymes

Today I was thinking about rhymes and tongue twisters, and whether the kids would be interested in them or not. I didn't get the chance to try the following out with Ethan, but I told it to him and he smiled, so I guess that's a start.

Won One was a race horse.
Tu-tu was one too.
Won One won one race,
And Tu-tu won one too!




Now, my intent was to write this down as follows, so that he'd get it a bit more, as they have already learnt more numbers than words:



1 1 was a race horse.
2 2 was 1 2.
1 1 1 1 race,
And 2 2 1 1 2!


Simple isn't it. Allegedly, Wikipedia informs me "The hardest tongue-twister in the English language is supposedly The sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick." I don't think I can even say it myself let alone get the kids to phrase it for me!

Ciao for Now, Angry Dad (who's not a pheasant plucker, he's a pheasant plucker's son)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home