Friday, March 03, 2006

Chickenpox!

Callum has Chickenpox. We had a few days earlier this week when he was a bit grizzly and grumpy, and particularly on Tuesday night he was awake several times overnight. Yesterday, Anth noticed two spots on his bum, and wasn't sure if it was just a rash or not. She thought then that it might be the pox. Today, when he woke up he was spotty as a group of dalmations on a zebra farm.

Yeah yeah, I don't know what that last statement meant either, but its late and I'm into making up crap.

Suprisingly, Callum doesn't really seem to be having too many effects. Anth took him to the doctor today, and she said yes, he had chickenpox. My main fear was that as I only had it recently as an adult, that I wouldn't pick it up again. Alledgedly I'm fine. I do not want to go through that again.

Both the other boys have been immunised against it, so they should be fine. Both Anth and I have had it now. We're not quite sure how he got it, because we didn't go to any Pox Parties, and I don't' think we'll be throwing our own as did the Simpsons. It must have been from the local school, but then again, it could have been anywhere.

So what does he look like? See for yourself.



Ciao for Now, Poxless Angry Dad .

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh poor baby! At least he has it young and won't remember how bad it can be. I had them as a kid - I was 6 or 7 and I remember I was itchy all over and miserable. Can't imagine what it would be like as an adult.

6:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home