Monday, March 06, 2006

A long way away

My sister Tania lives in Florida in the United States. She's almost as far away from us in Brisbane, Australia as she can be on this planet. I believe that the Earth is about 40,000km in circumference. I think she's close to being 18,000km away so it's pretty much as far away as you can get. I'd love it if we could all go and visit, although in the short term that probably isn't likely to happen. Fortunately, she and her family are in a position where they may be able to come and visit us. Their aim is to come out once a year, so I hope that they can do that because it is great to catch up with them. Occasionally, I get to see them if I go to the U.S. Last time I was there I ran into them in L.A., and she picked me up so I could catch up with them, albeit briefly.



They have two kids, Julian and Bella. Julian in particular gets on really well with Ethan in the times that they have been out recently. Its amazing how quickly the kids grow when you only see them around once a year. Aidan loves his Uncle Mark, and gets a huge kick out of telling him "Go to the Beach?!" Sometimes its a question. Sometimes its a statement. They have yet to see Callum, and although we've sent pictures, it isn't the same as seeing someone in the flesh!

I've been thinking about them recently as in our study we have their "2005 update". I also have been meaning to ring them for a chat, although they don't seem to be at home too often! I also miss and think about Kaymen, their third child who unfortunately passed away at a young age.

When we were younger my brother and I used to tease our sister a lot. We swear that she didn't speak very much as a baby, but once she turned two, you couldn't shut her up! Hence our nickname "Mouth!" She used that to good effect as she grew up, often getting me into trouble by dobbing me in, especially for things I hadn't done! I guess that's what siblings do. We have our different views on doing stuff, and our parenting skills differ, but for all that I wouldn't change her for the world!

Ciao for Now, Reminiscing Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home