Thursday, March 09, 2006

Chickenpox nearly gone...

The Appendage's Chickenpox are nearly gone. He hasn't really had that hard a time of it, although his sleep patterns have been broken a bit. Anth has been giving him baths with a solution called "pinetar" which helps ease the itching. We've also used Solugel to cover up some of the larger spots. The good thing is that because he's still a baby, he hasn't really been able to scratch himself, so I don't think he'll have any scarring.

I was digging back through some of the photos I'd taken when I had chickenpox. I meant to post them up when we first new Callum had caught it, but I couldn't find them then. So here they are now. I have to admit that as an adult this was one of the most excrutiating things I had been through. When it first came on, it was like having two days of a terrible fever, with hot and cold sweats and hardly being able to move. I thought that was bad.

Then the spots come. And it is like having being bitten by mosquitoes on every part of your body, and I mean EVERY part of your body. Nothing gets spared. I had a few nights where Anth had to bandage up my hands with socks, the ends being taped up so that I couldn't scratch in my sleep. The look is definitely not an attractive one. I ended up having to take 2 weeks away from work. Even though when the spots come you regain most of your other faculties, its still considered quite contagious so most work sites don't want you there. I'm also ugly enough without being covered in gross sores!

Ciao for Now, UnSpotty Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home