Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spider in the sink

We all have our phobias. I don't like bugs. Any bugs. I'm not really that phobic of them, but I just don't like bugs crawling on me. I almost do the Flander's Scream when they jump on me, but not quite. Someone who does do this particular scream is Anth, particularly when spiders are involved.

This morning, I went to work early. Around 7:30am I got a phone call.
"There's a spider in the sink."
"Do you need me to come home?"
"No, but there's a spider in the sink. Its as big as my hand."
"Get Ethan to get it out."
"I can't. If he goes near it I'll scream. I don't want him to have my fear."
"So let him spray it with insecticide."
"No. I can't. I'll have to wait until Sharon comes over."

Suffice to say, I didn't go home. Later that morning, I heard how Sharon did go and save the day for Anth. She has no fear of spiders (I hear hers is Cockroaches!). She scraped the spider alive, up into a cup, and threw it outside. Of course, it was thrown far enough away that it shouldn't come back into the house, one hopes! In this case everyone, including the spider, won!

Ciao for Now, Spiderless Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I must kill all spiders....always...no excuse. I hate them and they must die......I said no excuse.....they really have to all die!!

12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home