Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pulling faces for photos

I have passed on a proud family tradition to Ethan. When I was a child, I was always the one in the family photos who pulled the stupid pose, or stupid face. My mother will tell you that many a family portrait is ruined because of me poking my tongue out at my brother, doing rabbit ears over my sister, or just generally doing something stupid.

Ethan continues this proud family heritage. Take this photo as an example. Rather than sit nicely and have his photo taken, he proceeds to add props... to his eyes. He even adds an artistic flair, so rather than just using the bodily appendages at hand - such as pulling the face with one's fingers - he uses stickers. Well done young chap.

Of course, not to be outdone, I too can still take a stupid photo. Can you tell that Anth has said, "Will you at least smile" as I sat typing away at the computer. This of course is the instant instigator of the stupid face. If someone says "Cheese" or "Smile" the old habits die hard. These mean to me, and now hopefully Ethan, to pull the cheesiest smile that you possibly can, with a hand pose thrown in for good measure.


Notice how Callum has yet to join in the family way. He, like his mother, simply looks on and thinks "What a pack of idiots."

Ciao for Now, Cheesy Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ahhh glad to see the tradition continues! My dad always had the goofiest faces for pictures. These day I just avoid the camera - I would rather be the one behind it!

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home