Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Your morning ain't so bad

This morning, as I walked to work, lamenting the humidity and heat at 8:00am in the morning, my wife rang me with a story which made complaining about the heat, and anything else for that matter, pale by comparison.

"Hello?"
"Its Me."
"Hello, you."
"Yeah that's right, shut up now why don't you."
"What do you mean?"
"Not you, Stupid. Callum. He hasn't stopped screaming. Except for now. Now I'm on the phone."
"What's going on."
"Well, as soon as you left, Callum started screaming."
"So what's new?"
"Then Aidan threw up all over himself."
"Why?"
"Because he can't hold down anything for breakfast. I gave him a cup of Milo, and you know what he's like when he's anxious to get to school. He got excited. He threw up."
"Yuck."
"Yeah, well, you think of me while I have to clean it out of the carpet."
"I will."
"Thanks for that. So he threw up all over himself, which meant that he had to have all his clothes changed, and have a shower. So I had to do that as he freaked out about being late for school. Callum screamed all through it."
"What fun. What's that noise in the background?"
"That's your other son screaming. He's having a heart attack."
"Oh...."
"Yeah. After I got Aidan out the door, with Callum still screaming, I went back into the kitchen to find Ethan tipping a litre and a half of milk down the sink."
"A litre and a half?"
"Yep, he decided that the electronic mixer wasn't' working properly, so he threw out all the milk to start again. I yelled at him, so he then said he was having a heart attack. Callum was still screaming."
"So he wasted all that milk."
"Yep. He has to drink water for the rest of the day."
"At least Callum's quiet now."
"Yeah. He keeps smirking at me, waiting to start again when I get off the phone."
"So I shouldn't complain about my morning?"
"No. And make sure you're home early tonight."
"Ok, bye. Love you."
"Love you too."
CLICK.



So any time you think your mornings not going so well, just be thankful you didn't have to clean up vomit. And if you do have stories worse than this, we can guarantee one's which will top it (and not just our own!)

Ciao for Now, There's nothing like a good morning Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your wife needs a medal. no less a block of chocolate and flowers...at least once a week...oh yeah and a shopping spree no limits and no kids, last thing a nice meal with no dishes!

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home