Sunday, April 09, 2006

Post 101

No, this post isn't a tutorial about how to post on a blog, it is, quite literally, my 101st post! I had planned to do it for my 100th post, but I can't count and I stuffed up the numbers. Early on I put a hit counter on my site, and I know that according to that, I've had 879 unique visits. I had hoped to have 1,000 for my 100th post, and for a while there I was running on an average of 10 visits a day, but it fluctuates. There are a few people who read regularly, and others who drop by now and then. Hopefully you enjoy it!

I was reflecting on why I made this blog up this morning when I went out for a jog. More on jogging later. The main aim was because I'm a selfish git, and I thought, if I can get up off my slack arse and post a message every single day, at the end of the year I'll have a collection of what I did for a year in my life. That might interest someone in the future. The second aim was to try to be humourous, and to look at parenting and how crap I can be at it some times. The last aim was as a means to pass information about our family to remote family and friends. We are somewhat globally dispersed, so its good that people can come in and catch up when and if they want to.

So, back to jogging. I am not the greatest jogger. I have my moments where I might start it up for a few weeks, or I'll do the odd spurt for a week. It is an on again, off again game. Today, after consuming close to 8,000 calories yesterday eating like a monster, I thought I'd try to run off half of one of the Mars Bars I ate. I haven't run in months. Today, I ran for about half an hour. I averaged about 8 minute kilometers, almost on the button. I know this because I was running around a marked running track on the local oval. Jogging and I are an oxymoron. I end up sucking in copious amounts of oxygen, and I look like a moron whilst I'm doing it.

Ciao for Now, Moronic and Sore Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home