Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back from grandma's house

I came home tonight after another day at work trying to escape the "No Airconditioning" heat trap of my workplace, to find that the changeover had occurred for my two eldest boys. Ethan had come back from grandma's, and Aidan had gone. This actually makes the house a lot quieter, so that isn't too bad a thing! The thing was, grandma had tired Ethan out so much, that he was half asleep in his bed, and my wife told me that he had been good most of the day, but turned into a monster at the local shops.

What had happened was that my wife had taken Ethan to pick up a few of the things he needs for this year to start school. This of course meant he got new clothes, new stationery, and new shoes. With all this new stuff, he thought could get a DVD of "Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D", but was told "No". I am reliably informed that he was very good at the shops, and it was only once he got home that he decided that we were all terrible parents because we hadn't bought him his DVD.

I'm not saying SBLG is not a great film. I wouldn't say that at all. But it isn't too bad for kids, and if I had millions of dollars like Mr Rodriguez, I'd probably play to my kids whims as well, and make a movie based on a 5 year olds dream. However, when I got home and get accused of being a "Bad Dad" and being told "I don't love you anymore" wrapped in a swathe of tears because I even suggested that buying a new release DVD of said movie might be a bit expensive at the moment, it gets a bit much.

Good thing with kids is that tomorrow I'll be number one, and there'll be a new toy or present which will kick start the whole process all over again. Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home