Friday, January 06, 2006

Thunder and Lightning

This evening has just seen a huge thunder and lightning storm come across Brisbane. It appeared to be two layers of clouds, with most of the lightning just acting like a light switch being turned on and off, with rumbling thunder and a few periods of heavy rain. Its weird because just before it rains the humidity really wraps you in its blanket, and then everything goes quiet. Then it hits. If I didn't have a pool and airconditioning I don't know how I could handle it.

It does appear they finally fixed the airconditioning at work. If only I could have a personal air conditioning bubble as I walk from the car to work. I must have the most overactive sweat glands a person can have, because a 15 minute walk results in me arriving at work as if I'd just got out of a swimming pool. Not a pleasant look. Same thing walking back to the car, but in that case I don't really care because its only me that has to put up with the sweat stench in the car on the way home.

Tonight I took Ethan to see the movie "Valiant", an animated cartoon about pidgeons and World War II which was quite enjoyable, and had a lot of "big name" voices, including Ewan McGregor and Ricky Gervais (from the Office). Ethan seemed to enjoy it, but I'm wondering if we've been spoiling him a bit much over these holidays, because as soon as it was finished he demanded to go and see "Chicken Little". I have to learn how to explain to the children that just because you got one thing that was fun, doesn't mean you're going to get the next fun thing straight away! How does a man with no patience teach his children patience.

Something to ponder. Ciao for Now, Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

If you find the answer to that question my friend - you will be a wealthy man! Toby has an issue with patience and we spent most of last night working on that little problem - lots of tears and agony but not sure if we are any closer to a solution.

OH but if you haven't seen it - Chicken Little is way cute!

11:41 pm  
Blogger Wes said...

I haven't seen Chicken Little yet, but it is just a matter of time!

10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home