Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Don't feed the baby raw potato

This evening I did a bit of a fry up. We had chicken schnitzel for dinner, so I fried that up, and I also thought I'd chop up some potatoes and make french fries. We did also have salad mixed in with the delivery to give the meal a semblance of health. I learnt a valuable lesson tonight. Don't feed your baby raw potato. Baby's can't swallow raw potato. It gets stuck in their throat and they choke. And when they choke, they eventually spit out the potato, and most of what else they've eaten over the course of the day.

It amazes me what Callum will shove down his throat, given a chance. He always wants to go outside when we're feeding Wednesday which is bad on two fronts. Firstly, Wednesday doesn't like the kids touching her dog bowl when she's eating, which is fair enough. I don't like the kids touching my plate when I'm eating. We're both territorial. Secondly, I don't want him to eat her dog food and get dog food breath. Who wants to hold a baby with dog food breath? Its bad enough the dog has dog food breath and we still have to pat her!

We've tried to ensure that all the small pieces of kids toys are out of the way. That doesn't stop Callum find new and wondrous things to put in his gob. Last night, one of the ends of a curtain rail was on the floor. I have no idea how he got up the curtains to pull that off (probably one of the older kids did it!). Apparently, he was sticking it on the end of his finger and laughing hysterically about it. Then he put it in his mouth. Fortunately, it still doesn't quite fit. Not like raw potato.

Ciao for Now, Soft Foods Only Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, raw potato will make them choke every time!

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home