Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Few Days Away

Again I am away for work. This time, it is actually pleasurable in that I've been put up with a group of my peers at the Hyatt Regency Coolum. This is north of Brisbane, and the whole place is huge, with the main basis being as a golf resort. I hate golf. Not that we've had any opportunity to play golf, as we've spent a lot of time in conference rooms. Overall, its been quite fun and beneficial. Its what's known in the business as an Off Site.

This does, however, mean that I have to have a few days away. As I'm not far from Brisbane I have made a run back home. Last night, both Ethan and I had our new belt level presentations for Taekwondo. Ethan was really proud, and we were really proud of him, for reaching his next belt level. It was good because the whole family got to go along and watch him get presented. Even Aidan managed to be quiet for 2 minutes whilst we watched Ethan go up and get presented.

After this, I spent some time at home with Anth before coming back up to the resort. Today, I had the opportunity of spending a significant amount of time on a yacht off the coast of Mooloolaba. It was part of team building activities to learn how to crew a yacht and participate in a number of races. It was a long and de-stressing day. It wasn't that much hard work, and even though we came second, we did have a lot of fun. That was followed off with a nice bbq in the evening and some interesting conversations on work/life balance. I just need to put these into practice.

Ciao for Now, Chillin' Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

That sounds soooooooo fun. Enjoy.

Lisa

10:31 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

A yacht?!?!?! Holy crap. Who in the world do you work for? Mr Trump himself? :)

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home