Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sprung, Chocolate Boy


Yesterday evening a strange noise was emanating from our kitchen as Anthea and I sat watching television in the lounge room. It sounded like a large rodent was in their, scratching around. We didn't know where Callum was, but suspected that our large rodent may have in fact been a large baby. We also knew that Callum has a habit now of sneaking into the kitchen and making his way to both the pantry and the fridge. Imagine our surprise when we entered the kitchen, turned on the light, and saw the above sight.

Being genetically bred from both myself and Anth, it is not unusual that Callum would have inherited our chocolate gene. We didn't think it would have activated so early on. The signs had been there. We should note that Chocolate Ice Cream has been devoured in the past. In this case it wasn't your normal milk chocolate. It was the hard stuff. Dark Cooking Chocolate. Specifically purchase for chocolate mousse.

As you can see, that bitey taste wasn't going to stop him. He was going hard. His pupils had dilated. The taste was on his tongue. In his throat. Warming the cockles of his heart. He'd spread it across his face, and it wasn't Vegemite this time. It was sweet sweet chocolate, and god dammit he was going to get his fill. You would have thought he was a large rodent when I tried to take it off him. The teeth gnashed and gnawed. There was thrashing. I swear I even heard a growl and a saw a baring of teeth as I got close. He is my boy. He is our son.

Ciao for Now, Breeding Chocolate Boys Angry Dad.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pollyanna said...

OHMYGOODNESS. HOW FUNNY!!!!! Gotta love a boy who loves his chocolate.

And may I comment on your gleaming kitchen floor? It looks clean enough to eat off of. WOW. I am impressed. Our dog wouldn't eat off my kitchen floor right now, it's nasty. That reminds me, I should go mop instead of blog...

2:58 am  
Blogger LBA said...

heh ! ;)

7:31 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

LOL- omg! look at him! LMFAO

1:31 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

hahaha And I LOVE how instead of just saying NO!!! You ran and grabbed the camera.

He's such a cutie!

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely prescious. And just so you know, you could hide the chocolate on top of the fridge, it wouldn't stop him. Didn't stop me ;)

8:53 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

OMG awesome post, look at that little dude!

LMAO!

m

11:34 am  
Blogger carrie said...

You need a lock on your cabinet . . . and your refrigerator!!!! But damn, he is cute, isn't he???

Carrie

5:59 pm  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

that is adorable. a boy after my own heart..solid chocolate heart.

10:29 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ohhhh dark chocolate....he is hard core. I love the pictures.

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home