Wednesday, September 13, 2006

iPod Mania

A few weeks back I managed to get hold of an Apple iPod Nano. I wouldn't normally rave about a piece of technology, but this is one device I think is really cool. For a start, it comes beautifully packaged, and if a little music device could be considered beautiful in its own right, this would have to be it. The design is sensational. Mine is black, with the nice sleek lines, and it so thin its incredible.

I must be starting to show my age. I had one of the first tape walkman's, and also was lucky enough to get one of the first portable CD players on the market back in 1984. When I was much younger, I couldn't wait to get my hands on new stuff. Now I'm old school, I don't have the same enthusiasm, but that's not to say that new pieces of stuff don't still excite me. I'm still a bit eccentrically weird that way.

I also like to do nerdy things with it. One of the great annoyances of the iPod age is those people who sit there oblivious to those around them, and sing along in their tone deaf voices. I manage to compliment this with our iPod by not only singing, but playing the tuneless guitar along as well. I can sound just like Hunters and Collectors in my own ears, and Tiny Tim to everyone elses. Brilliant!

Ciao for Now, iPod Maniac Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Poor Anth. =oP

1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The IPod is the only piece of technology I care about (the only one I can talk about anyway).

3:37 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

I love the ipod too. i go for walks in the neighborhood with my husband's ipod, and I am totally distracted by it and skipping ahead to hear what song comes next. It's like a personalized radio station. Soooooooo cool. Bravo Ipod inventors!

Lisa

5:13 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

I can clearly remember listening to Yaz on my brand new Sony cassette walkman and thinking I was pretty much the bomb... I am very old.

I gave my husband the Nano for his birthday and he LOVES it... can barely load a damn song on it w/o the 9 year old's help, but he loves it.

6:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm of the Tiny Tim era. Dating myself, I know.

My sister got an iPod mini for her birthday. I had fun with it this summer for about an hour. It was a wonderful way to tune the kids out. Plus I loved how small and sleek it was. Then I acknowledged my addictive personality traits and vowed not to buy one. It would not enhance my parenting skills.

Plus, let me take this opportunity to say that I love the way you keep your posts brief and to the point. I am trying hard to master that skill.

8:08 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I come from the cassette walkman carrying bunch too, but would love an iPod if I could ever figure out how to use it (I am still stymied by the DVD player and stand in awe in front of plasma tv's)!

Carrie

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home