Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Get Down, Get Down...

As I started this post, I couldn't help but hear Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang in my head. If you don't know the song, go and rent Pulp Fiction and you'll soon know what I'm talking about. The lyrics are about gettin' down. For today's activity, this was about gettin' off my fat arse from the couch, and gettin' down on the floor to Callum.

It is such a simple thing, but kids love it. It has to be the sole thing that you can do to get a kid to react to you. Get down to their level. Tonight, when I lay down on the floor to play with Callum, I soon had all three kids crawling over, around and under me. Ethan positioned my legs so he could crawl under them, and tried to coerce Callum to follow. Callum was too busy going over the top. Aidan just wanted someone to lean against whilst he tried to watch telly!

It them becomes oh so easy to roll over, and start crawling after the kids. As long as I wasn't getting distracted by the telly myself, I was able to chase them, have them chase me, and roll around having all sorts of fun. It sure beats sitting on the couch trying to hold a screaming child, and gives the added benefit of tuckering them out because you're playing at their level. In the end, rather than me running off on them, they ran off on me. Sometimes I'm just too much fun!

Ciao for Now, Gettin' Down Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger j.sterling said...

now.this.song.is.going.to.be.in.my.head.all.night.

9:19 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

omg... i was going to post the same thing as jennster... fortunately it is: A) a great song and B) we have it on iTunes!

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home