Monday, August 28, 2006

Blocked Up

Callum has apparently been painful most of the day. He's probably been painful because he himself was in pain. Having had to hold him for the best part of the last 3 hours, and it is now close to 11:00pm, I'm pretty sure it was because he was blocked up. The blockage only was released a short time ago. Anyone who has had kids knows what I'm talking about.

This has got to be a specific thing with babies. Some people suggest Gripe Water. Other's suggest a warm bath, or a soothing massage. I even attempted the leg maneuver, where you gently extend and push up the legs to try to get some kinda movement happening. I think this had some success. There's nothing like a tired, squirming baby you have to hold in your arms, who then wakes up, farts, cries, wriggles, and then somehow gets back to sleep again, albeit briefly. Sounds like the perfect pathway to male adulthood doesn't it?

I can only suspect that the root cause of the problem was part of my doing. There was a special on the In a Biskit range at the supermarket this past weekend. Four boxes for just three bucks. What a bargain! So I bought four boxes, one of each varying flavour. The kids love them, although unfortunately I think that today Callum may have had more than his fair share of Dixie Drumsticks in a Biskit. Hence the blockage.

Ciao for Now, In a Biskit Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Poor Daddy! You do know the power of the almighty prune...yes?

9:20 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

The other thing that will do the trick is white grape juice. Don't know why, but it works like a charm.

ALso, I LOVE Gripe water. You can't get it here in the USofA so I had a Canadian friend who would smuggle me some in. SHSHSHSHSHHH. Don't tell anybody. It worked great though for cranky, colicky, tummy hurting babies!

1:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home