Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sore Foot

It has been over two weeks since I did the Bridge to Brisbane fun run, and I haven't been having that much fun with my foot ever since. I was quite proud of what I achieved, and I don't regret having done it. Unfortunately, since then, I had problems with my calf tightening up, which then transformed into problems with my ankle and the arch of my foot. It took me a few days to go and see my physiotherapist, but since then I've had some sessions where he firstly worked out the calf problems, and now has fixed up most of the other problems with my foot. The main thing I have to worry about now is how damn hairy my legs are, and the pain I'm going to feel pulling the strapping off my leg. Can you see why men are reluctant to go the Brazilian?

It is a bummer how as you get older your body gets that much more creaky. I don't feel like I'm approaching forty mentally. Hell, I still act like I'm in puberty. I wish my body was the same! I can see the kids get bounced around at the moment, and they recover so quickly. When Anth and I do anything exercise wise we seem to pay for it for weeks if we do an injury. Anth has started up netball, and is also doing a bit more jogging to keep fit for it, and she's started complaining of shin splints. Its just not fair.

I can only hope that the future of genetic engineering will help us with some of the recovery as we get older. I keep hearing stories about how in the future we'll be able to regenerate ourselves. Sounds a bit like Dr Who. In the meantime, Ugg Boots are a welcome compromise for weary feet. I can only hope they find the cure in my lifetime. Who wants to live forever? Me, without a sore foot.

Ciao for Now, Still Hobbling Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am cringing in sympathy for you. Pulling that tape off is not going to be pleasant. Possibly consider saving the area before you apply tape next time:)

And I'd sell one of my children if I could have my 20 year old body back. I'd didn't appreciate it them...I hated being "skinny"...can you believe it?

Hope your foot is better soon.

6:57 am  
Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Whoever taped you without shaving the area first was simply evil. They must be sadistic and do that for their own sick entertainment.

There are some great braces out there that involve velcro. I've been through a lot of physical therapy and can tell you that there are great things out there that DON'T involve icky painful tape.

Feel better!

1:09 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Go ahead, wax your whole leg. You know you want to!!!

Carrie

5:35 pm  
Blogger j.sterling said...

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH! but i heart uggs! lol

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home