Saturday, August 12, 2006

Happy (Poo) Trails

Anth hasn't been well today, due to a self induced illness (read hangover). That's meant I've kept an eye on the boys for most of the day whilst she slept it off. The two elder boys have been fine, but its been the little monster who's kept me on my toes most of the day. Just after lunchtime, I decided I'd better get him cleaned up and change his nappy.

We have a change table in Aidan's room, so I plonked him down there and removed his nappy. No poo. I should have taken this as a sign. Instead, I thought "What a good opportunity for some nappy free time." Stupid Man. So I let him roam for a minute around Aidan's room, and the phone rang. I answered, and began yabbering to one of Anth's friends. That's when I noticed the trail from Callum's behind. Little pellets on the carpet. I picked him up, and he took a dump on my leg. Disgusting. Then he tried to squirm out of my arms, as I dropped the phone and tried to pick up some baby wipes. I took him into the bathroom, and dropped him straight into the empty bath.

I rushed back into Aidan's room, got more wipes, wiped myself and the original trail down as best as I could and threw the remnants into the toilet. Too late. Poo boy also decided that the bath would be a good place to leave a new trail. I had to grab more wipes, wipe him down as best I could, pull him out of the bath, and go and grab disinfectant whilst doing another toilet drop off. As I disinfected the bath, he decided to leave one more trail on the bathroom floor. How much can one kid hold in? After cleaning the bath, I refilled it with water and through him in, chastising him whilst I cleaned up the last happy trail from the bathroom floor. It wasn't quite how I wanted him to have a bath, but he ended up clean and I ended up stinky.

Ciao for Now, Poo Stained Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Really, I am (chuckle). Sounds like your wife owes you one (did I just say that?).

6:05 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

EWWWWWWW. I so do NOT miss those days. Really, I don't.

And you are a good husband. Ask Anth she'll tell ya. :) :) I hope her "sickness" is on the mend.

7:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor man. You should have signed it "know better next time" Dad.

I'm still giggeling....

Hope Anth's head is better.

10:19 am  
Blogger The other me said...

Awwww, that's almost a fairy tale, like Hansel and Gretel....the nice daddy finding his sweet baby by folowing the trail of poo pellets. we are at the stage of throwing parties and whooping and cheering as Elijah drops his pellets IN A POTTY Hoorah! At last child number 6 is getting out of nappies ( and I love actually reading the word nappy in a blog instead of diaper, marvellous!) May your cheering and poop-in-potty- party days be just around the corner.

3:51 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, that's not funny.

*hold back laughter*

4:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home