Thursday, August 03, 2006

Student of the Month

Tonight at Taekwondo Ethan received the award for Student of the Month. This involves a very large perpetual trophy, which we get to have at home for the month, along with a medal for him to keep and a certificate for McDonalds. The instructor does this as part of the ongoing encouragement for the kids. The emphasis is on not only attending classes, but showing him that you are trying. Ethan's friend Michael won it last month.

He was incredibly chuffed to win it! I had to take him and Callum to the class, so I got to see his presentation. He got to go up and shake the instructors hand, and had a big grin on his face. Afterwards, in the car on the way home, he kept saying "I KNEW I was going to get it this month. I knew it Dad!" He also went on and on about how "Mum is going to be so proud of me!" And she was.

I'm glad that he's getting this opportunity, and I'm glad that the club we chose him to go to is so good in this area. I believe it his giving him extra confidence, and as there are now around 30 different kids in the class, it wasn't insignificant that he was chosen. We are really proud of him. Well done Ethan!

Ciao for Now, My Kids Got a Trophy Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a smile! Hurrah for you both!

7:40 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

YAY ethan! very cool :)

m

2:32 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Hooray for Ethan!!! That's awesome, McRae was just telling me that he hoped to be "student of the month" as well.

Carrie

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home