Wednesday, July 26, 2006

School Sports Day

Today was Ethan's School Sports Day. For the day, Anth had helped prepare their class room banner. She spent many nights drawing and colouring in the Busy Bees which adorned it. Each of the bees had its own special silver foil wings. She was rightly proud, and because she'd done the majority of the work, Ethan got to hold the banner as they walked out onto the school sports ground.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go. Stinky Work! Anth did, and she and a friend took most of the pictures so I could get a view to what went on. Ethan gave me the full description this evening when I got home. It was full of training, and running, and how so and so beat who's he whats. He was so enraptured with the day, and as this photo shows of him doing some form of hurdles, he obviously enjoyed himself.

Ethan, like me, doesn't like to over exert himself. He's been engendered with my perspiration gene, which makes us perspire profusely at the mere whiff of exercise. Its like we both have walked into a sauna, or just had a warm bath. At least it looks like we've actually done something! After one lap with a whole range of activities, I think he'd had enough. We still managed to get him to soccer training tonight though!

Ciao for Now, School Sports Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OH what a fun day! Anth did a GREAT job on the banner!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Nice banner. Quite an artist, your Anth. Looks like a fun day, despite perspiration.
Lisa

7:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the banner. Your wife is very talented. But you already know that.

Whenever I read about your kids going to school I have to remind myself that you are in different hemisphere...

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home