Monday, July 24, 2006

Other Weekend Activities

Despite what you might think from the past two posts, the weekend wasn't a total waste of sleepless nights and uncharitable days. Although Callum has been keeping us up, we still managed to squeeze in our regular activities like shopping and soccer, as well as a few other things here and there.

Aidan's main concern was that he went shopping and to the "Wash the Car Shop". He has a fascination with going to the car wash, and as we have water restrictions here in Brisbane, we're no longer allowed to use hoses to wash the car at home. Its easier and quicker to go to a car wash, pay $5, and do it yourself there. I took Callum and Aidan, washed the car, and then thought I'd do a quick run up the highway to dry it off. The sky had been overcast all day, however, we hadn't had any rain.... except when I drove up the highway in my nice clean car. It rained and because we have such drought conditions, when you only get light rain its usually dusty. Ah well, I had cleaned off most of the mud!

Ethan and I also went out for a two hour outing where I jogged down to the bay whilst he rode his scooter, and then we walked back. I'm training for the Bridge to Brisbane fun run, which is 12km, and should take me about 1 hr 20 mins to complete. I'm not that fast, and I've been training for about 6 weeks to get in shape to do it without dying. I've decided that I need to get in a bit better shape, so that was the goal I set. Ethan was fine, except for the few bumps he hit which made him fall off. Of course, when we made it to the bay beach park, we tried to call Anth to come and get us. Know why she couldn't come? Because sleepy brat Callum had fallen asleep. If he slept overnight, we would have gotten picked up - but instead we had to walk home. Even during the day he still mocks me!!!

Ciao for Now, Better Get Some Sleep Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:10 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

Spooky .. if I had 3x kids, you've taken all their names already, how bizarre.

Found you via another blogger - always appreciative of the Australian parenting perspective :)

11:11 pm  
Blogger Wes said...

No problem! Thanks for dropping by. If I could e-mail you, I would have said so personally. Nice to be being read by an Australian!
Cheers, Angry Dad.

11:28 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Keep up the training....Den was going to run in a race here in Minneapolis but he didn't make it - 10,000 entrants only 4,000 runners - its a lotto system....he is still running though....

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Keep running Angry Dad...it will help you sleep at night...

My kids love the car wash but they love washing it by hand more. Of course, only half of the car gets done before they run out of steam buy they have such fun.

5:32 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Ahhh, sleep prison. Been there. We are slaves to the kids sleep, and yet get none ourselves. How is that fair??
Good for you about the run! Nice excuse to get in shame and have some fun.


Lisa

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home