Saturday, July 15, 2006

Right Time, Wrong Place

My wife will tell you I have a distinct habit of always being late for things. Particularly things that she deems important. I try. She would just say that I'm trying, very trying.

This morning, Ethan had a soccer game which was scheduled to start at 9:30am. We got up around 8:00am after a very nice Saturday morning sleep in. We told Ethan he had to be ready to go by 9:00am. I'd checked the schedule, and knew we were playing North Pine. Anth told me where North Pine was, and as we'd gotten lost last time we went there, I checked the map and made sure where it was as well. I dawdled around at breakfast, so the last 10 minutes before 9:00am were spent rushing around, having a shower, and jumping into the car. I forgot my mobile phone.

As I jumped in the car, Anth asked again that I was sure I knew where I was going. Yes, Yes. Off we went. We even arrived early. Looking around, there were none of the other kids from Ethan's team. He took it very well. When I finally asked an official at 9:30am whether any Ridge Hills kids were playing there, he checked and said No. No. Shit.

I got Ethan back in the car, and we did the dash back down the highway to our home ground. Of course, the team was there, in the middle of the game. We got onto the pitch just as they called half time. I spoke to the team manager, who pulled out his schedule. Yes, we were playing North Pine. No, it wasn't at there ground, it was our home game. Clear as mud. I tried to blame Anth, but both he and I knew I was a filthy incompetent liar. At least Ethan got to play the second half.

Ciao for Now, Incompetent and still late Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home