Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Knock Down

Today was one of those days where Ethan said "Can we go to Movie World?" and we didn't have a good excuse not to. So he and I went this afternoon. The good thing about having an annual pass to a theme park is that you don't have to make a whole day of it to still think you're getting value for money. His main desire was to go on the Superman Escape ride, but unfortunately he's not quite tall enough.

We were there about an hour, and had been on a few rides, when Ethan said he wanted to go on the Batman ride. At that point we were in Loonee Tunes Village, so we would have to walk across the park to get there. I turned and started walking assuming that Ethan was there beside me. And then I heard his wail. He was about five metres behind me, rolling on the ground, with a woman standing over him. I turned back, and it was obvious he'd fallen over, as he'd grazed both a leg and an arm, as well as ripping a hole in his trousers.

My first thought was that as he's as clumsy as I am, he had simply fallen over. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. The woman there said three older kids had just run straight through him, knocked him over, and then ran off to another ride. Ethan said it was 2 girls and a boy, so I puffed out my chest looking for someone to yell at, but they were gone. I had to pick Ethan up, thank the woman, and place him down on one of the chairs to check him out. He was still in tears, but there didn't appear to be any serious damage. He calmed down enough to begin hobbling around, and then seemed to be ok.

However, at the Batman ride, he began saying how sore his arm was. My own experience of breaking bones is I never see anyone straight away, which makes it worse. Therefore, once we were off the ride, I took him to the First Aid room where a lovely nurse checked him over. She tended his grazes and checked his bones, and thankfully she said although he probably had a slight muscle strain, nothing was broken.

So what about the other kids? I know they were probably excited to be in the park, but who the hell teaches their kids that not only is it ok to run around and run younger kids over, but also that its ok to just run off when you've obviously caused someone harm. Little shits.

Ciao for Now, Protective Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I HATE other people's rude children. We had the same thing happen at the zoo - two boys mowed over our toddler while we were holding her hand! Only good thing to come out of that (other than no injuries) was police officer daddy grabbed both numbskulls by the collar and put the fear of God into them. Their parents, though? Could care less. Damn sorry excuse for parents.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

GRRRRRR. I hate older kids who are just plain rude. the problem is, as the comment above pointed out, the little brats parents are probably the same way! GRRRRRR.
Glad you son is okay.

12:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were my kids. Sorry, they run when they are excited. I have locked them in the basement with nothing but bread and water...hope that helps.

I am sorry that your little guy was hurt. I hope that it did not spoil his alone time with his Dad.

7:31 am  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

Little shits indeed. You have to blame the parents, they were clearly not present and therefore were unable to hold thier children accountable for their bad behavior.

It's just sickening.

4:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home