Friday, July 21, 2006

The Perils of a Job Not Done

There are times when I know I've got a job to do, but being inherently lazy, I don't do it when I should. I have had a pile of financial paperwork and bills I have to go through, which I put on the kitchen bench, and then left it over a week. Anth decided to tidy it up. So she sorted the bills... sorted my papers... and threw stuff out.

This morning, as my current credit card expires at the end of the month, I was looking through the pile for my new credit card. I can't find it. I frantically search everywhere, then finally get the courage to ask Anth where it could be. Anth quite rightly told me that I was meant to go through my "pile of crap" a week ago, and as it had been sitting in the kitchen she decided to clean it up. The problem was, when we received the replacement card she had taken out my card and the accompanying letter for me to read. When I saw that a week ago, I put it back in the envelope, thinking it would be safe.

On Wednesday, she threw out all the envelopes, thinking she'd been through them. Bin day was today. I ran out to the bin to search through, but too late, the garbage truck had been by an hour earlier. At that point I still had my current card, but as soon as I reported the lost card they cancelled it. This of course means I don't have any EFTPOS or ATM access, nor a credit card. I won't get the new one for a week. For all my automatic payments, I have to change the details. And all because I didn't do what I was supposed to a week ago. Stupid Man.

Ciao for Now, Wallowing in his own self pity Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I applaud you for taking responsibility for wht happened, and not blaming Anth. Good Man!!!!!

*applauds*

2:38 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Procrastination is a bitch, isn't it? Hang in there until you get your new card!

Carrie

4:28 am  
Blogger Susan said...

That reminds me, I have to pay bills this weekend before my husband cleans up!

I saw your link on another blog and came for a look. Oh my gosh, you listed Hoodoo Gurus as a favorite group! I loved them back in college, and I don't think I've heard anyone mention them since!

10:48 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

holy crap is anth just me, but living on the other side of the world from me?
this is bizarro world, it just is.

m

1:25 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK since we talked about the card this morning- not gonna comment here - but I will say this....next time Friday is gonna suck - just warn me ok??? (check the blog for details - I am too tired to think about it now)

3:49 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Um yeah, are you my husband posing as an Assie with 3 kids that don't look like mine?? I am thinking so....hmmmm.....

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home