Sunday, July 30, 2006

Noosa Heads Run


I've got one week to go until the Bridge to Brisbane fun run, and I've had in my head that as part of my warm up period I wanted to do a run around the Noosa headland. As Grandma and Grandpa live nearby, it was a good opportunity to take Aidan with me up there for a dwive. We headed up the highway together, and he was quite excited that he would be getting to do some cooking with Grandma.

Once we got there and convinced Aidan that he wasn't there for a sleepover, I was able to go down to the Noosa National Park and head off. I ran on two different tracks, the Coastal Track to Hell's Gate, and the Tanglewood Track back from Hell's Gate and over Noosa Hill. This is one of the most spectacular parks in Australia, if not the world. The Coastal track is around two and a half kilometer of beach views from cliff's edges to small bays and inlets. It finishes at Hells Gate, an amazing natural structure where the water boils and bubbles up. The Tanglewood Track goes back inlands and up and over the hill. The great thing about running around the 7km track was the last kilometer is all downhill! To give you an idea of the spectacular scenery you can see along the way, check out this guy's (Andy Skinn) Flickr collection on Noosa.

I'm proud of myself that I managed to run around the entire track without stopping. I think I'm right to go for next week, which is a 12km run. I did today's run in 48 minutes, which isn't fast, but I felt good enough that I think I can do the 12km in about 1 hr 20 mins, which is what I was expecting. Not too bad for an unfit lazy bugger I reckon! On top of that, on my return to Grandma's, she and Aidan had cooked lots of delicious treats for me to fill up on. MMMmmm cupcakes.

Ciao for Now, Jogging (slowly) Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

A fun day for all. what gorgeous scenery to run through!

Lisa

4:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home