Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bridge to Brisbane

Today I ran the Bridge to Brisbane. Last night, I had to do the late night run back from Noosa to Brisbane, and I didn't get to sleep around midnight. Then it was up at 5:00am to pick up a friend, and make it to the starting line by 7:00am. It starts at the Gateway Bridge, and ends up at New Farm Park, close to the city. All up it is around a 12km run.

I was quite proud of myself in that I ran the majority of the way. I say majority, because the race attracts a large number of people. This year, over 25,000 ran the race! (if you click that link, you can see the newspaper article and some pictures!). The start is at the foot of the bridge, and as you can imagine, in the large crowd that was there it is difficult to run when you're all packed in like sardines. However, once I was over the top of the bridge, I started up my nice slow jog and managed to run the whole way.

I ended up doing around 11km in 1 hour and 8 minutes. Not blisteringly fast, but I kept up my rhythm. Apart from very sore calves, and now feeling quite tired, I don't think I'm too worse for wear. After the race I had to do the dash back up to Noosa for an afternoon BBQ for dad. More on that tomorrow!

Ciao for Now, Jogging Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

BRAVO!! I am not quite there to run a 10k but I am working on it!

Good for you

10:04 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

You ROCK!

Carrie

4:17 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! You should be very proud. What a nice achievement. And it looks like a beautiful race too.

9:11 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

Well done, Angry Jogger Dad!!

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home