Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Mad Dash

Sometimes time lets me down. Ok, so often time lets me down. I shake my fist at it and say "Damn you time!" but it doesn't make any difference. I got out later than I expected from work tonight. I was due to be home at 6:00pm to take Ethan to taekwondo practice. Thursday night is now also netball night, so Anth also had to get ready for her game. I tried to do a Mad Dash, but it didn't really help as I didn't get home until 6:30pm. This mean Anth had to take Ethan and then we had to do a swap over.

At 6:30pm we did the swap over. I got Callum, and we watched Ethan do his class, came home, had dinner, and watched a little bit of The Simpsons. Yes, The Simpsons are on practically every night on free to air television. Then we had to do the Mad Dash over to Aidan's after school care centre to pick him up. We made that with a few seconds to spare, and Aidan and his carers were happy to see us on time for a change.

From there, it was home and my controlled efforts in trying to get the kids to do homework, feed baby, and get them into bed before Anth got home. I was hoping that she would be home in time for me to do a run down to the shops, as our cupboards are literally bare of the base essentials, like chocolate. She got home at 8:55pm. The supermarket shuts at 9:00pm. I had to do the Mad Dash. Unfortunately I didn't make it. Lucky there was still some chocolate ice cream left in the fridge, otherwise their really would have been trouble.

Ciao for Now, MMMmmm Ice Cream Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home