Friday, August 25, 2006

Give the man a heart attack

I got a phone call today at work.
It's me. I nearly just had a heart attack.
Why, what happened.
You're going to have a heart attack when you see it.
What?
It's not a bill or anything.
What are you talking about? What's wrong?
I'm outside. I'll leave it until you get home.
What.
I'll tell you when you get home.

Argggghhhhhh. Why ring me at all? It must be a wifey thing to ring your partner up at work, and get him all worked up about what could possibly be wrong. When it happens, for me the first thing that pops into my head is that something has happened, or nearly happened, to one of the kids. Especially with Aidan. Its not nice to be rung up from his school, and told that he's sick and you need to get to him to take him to hospital. (Twice that's happened at his school, and I've rushed there to only find him with a runny nose, but that's another story.)

With Callum around, I also thought maybe something had happened with him. Perhaps he had fallen into the pool. You'll understand why I thought that as the conversation continues.
Don't wait until I get home. Tell me now.
Well, I was cleaning the pool filter.
Yes. Callum's all right isn't he? He didn't fall in.
Don't be stupid.
Ok, so why would I have a heart attack?
Because there's a lizard in the filter box.
A lizard? You mean a little lizard.
No, a big lizard. You'll see when you get home. You'll have a heart attack.

Of course, by the time I got home, the lizard had gone. But she was right, I nearly did have a heart attack by having to take the call!

Ciao for Now, Phone Stressed Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home