Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Time Slip

When I was a kid I was fascinated with Time Travel. One of the first movies I saw was the original The Time Machine movie. Imagine being able to move about through time. This was kept up with TV shows such as Dr Who, and other movies like my favourite Back to the Future trilogy. However, all of these were about moving through time, not the concept of the Time Slip.

(queue spooky music here - maybe the Twilight Zone theme) The reason I bring this up, is that today I think I had a time slip moment. I was walking down the street near work on my way home, and about 10 metres from the intersection, everything seemed to jump forward about 1/2 a second. My foot, which had been mid stride, was now on the ground. There was a woman next to me who I'm sure wasn't there a second before, and the traffic flow seemed to have changed around me. Maybe I did smoke too much hooch back in college. But I swear, I never inhaled. Honest.

This scenario has come up before in Science Fiction, most notably A kind of stopwatch on the aforementioned Twilight Zone. I best remember this from the Simpson's, in a Treehouse of Horror episode where Bart and Milhouse buy a stopwatch from a comic book which allows them to stop time. I reckon that if I did have the ability to stop time, I'd do exactly what they did, albeit there would probably be a lot more stripping people naked, restarting time to watch their expression, and then redressing them! Yes, I am a bastard! At least I didn't end up naked in my time slip.

Ciao for Now, Time keeps on slipping into the future Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Hehe - I was thinking of that song when I read this....lol

1:56 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Freaky.

I loved Back to the Future too!

Lisa

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home