Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Dishes Fairy

Tonight I was fortunate enough to come home to the smell of a delicious roast lamb and vegetables dinner. All I had to do was set the table and make the gravy. Anth had done all the cooking, and it was delicious. I helped Callum feed himself and we all sat there and enjoyed a beautiful meal. Then came the dilemma.

Normally, I cook. Therefore, after the meal, I get to go and interact with the children by plonking my fat arse in the recliner and letting the kids run around my feet whilst I watch TV. We normally finish dinner by 7:00pm, and so there's a good hour of quality time doing this before the kids go to bed. In this time, the Dishes Fairy comes and helps Anth do the dishes. She must get help, as it never ceases to amaze me that within less than 10 minutes the table is spotless, the dishwashers stacked, food scraps are thrown out or restored in the fridge, and any heavy duty items for scrubbing are stacked, after being washed, by the sink. How the hell does she do it so quick?

My dilemma was that as I didn't cook, I have to clean up. I still had my quality time, which meant I didn't arise from my hibernation until 9:30pm. It took me half an hour just to clear the table. The dishwashers only half stacked. There's still crap in pots. No benches have been wiped. Callum's food droppings have only been half scraped off the floor (by Wednesday the dog). I've got a headache. Where's my dishes fairy?

Ciao for Now, Dirty Dishes Done Dirt Cheap Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Awwwww you didn't know the magic words to call the dishes fairy???

10:46 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Hee hee, you have to "bribe" the dishes fairy if you want her help!

Carrie

6:17 am  
Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

I will gladly cook if someone cleans up my mess.... I truly HATE unloading the dishwasher. How lazy is that?

Hope the Dishes Fairy saves you!

12:08 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

Send Anth over here. I hate cleaning up after a meal...

6:28 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Maybe you forgot to tip the dishes fairy last time she helped you out???

1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home