Sunday, September 10, 2006

Procrastinator

Its tax time in Australia, but instead of getting my crap together so I can go and make some claims, I am spending my weekend doing family or other activities which take my mind off the pile of paperwork which needs to be sorted through. I've already delayed my tax agent once, and it looks like this next booking I've made will have to be cancelled as well. I don't think I'm unique in this, but the whole issue of procrastination is one which bogs me down.

Take today for example. I knew I had to do my tax, but I still set it up so Ethan and I would watch members of our Taekwondo class go for their Black Belt gradings. I have to admit that it was pretty cool. They got put through over one and a half hours of routines, patterns and review, and this was only the first half of their grading. Next week, they do the second half. That's also the time that Ethan and I go for our next grading levels.

It finished earlier than expected, so when we got home this morning, I decided that I needed to walk to the shops with Aidan. After that, lunch, then a four hour drive/visit to Grandma's. Then Anth had to go to a christening, so I had to look after the kids. So have I done my tax? Nup. I even spent an hour cleaning up the kitchen rather than doing it. The Taxman Cometh. Just not today.

Ciao for Now, Procrastinating Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Boy do I know what you mean! At least you've bonded with the family, cleaned the kitchen and visited Grandma! Pretty productive weekend, though not in a tax kind of way.


Lisa

1:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man after my own procrastinator's heart!

9:04 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Procrastination....yep that is me too! (but didn't you already know that???)

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home