Saturday, September 09, 2006

The trouble with car parks

This morning was one of those rare occasions where all of us went out to the local shops together. Normally it is just me and Aidan who go and do the food shopping, but as Ethan had to get a haircut he, Anth and Callum also came along. We knew it was going to be trouble when as soon as we drove into the car park, Ethan started freaking out that this wasn't the place where he normally got his hair cut. He started bitchin' and moanin' about wanting to go somewhere else.

This set both Anthea and I off. Ethan is falling into a bad habit of sulking if he doesn't get his way. We both told him that "This was where he was getting his hair cut!" Of course, this set off the other kids. We got shafted for two car parks, in that other people pulled into them just as we got close. We managed to find one right on the edge of the car park zone, out in the sun, which was going to guarantee a nice hot car on our return.

Once we pulled in, Aidan kicked his door open. As I'd stupidly parked too close to the large utility truck next door, the door swung open and hit it. I jumped out and had a look. No dent, but a nice paint scrape was left on their door. There wasn't anything I could immediately do, except chastise Aidan. Maybe they wouldn't notice. I know I'd be pissed off if I came back to my car and it was scraped (which has happened). We went off, did our thing, and on our return there was the ominous note. "Blah Blah Blah... I have your details." It was our fault. Guess I'll wait and see what happens. I'm sure it will polish out.

Ciao for Now, That's what insurance is for Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OMG that totally sucks...I am sorry that happened but I have soooooo been there............

1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home