Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sharing a mint

Earlier this week I got our crap car serviced. We have a nice car, and we have a crap car. I get to drive the crap car. That's fine, as all I need it for is to get in and out from work, and I park it in the streets. Its a 12 year old Toyota Camry, which was good in its day, and is still incredibly reliable. Unfortunately, the paint work is starting to fade, and in terms of looks, could do with a face lift.

The service didn't turn up anything I wasn't expecting. I've got to get the brakes fixed. I let the oil run down far too low. There's a leak here and a leak there. I tried our a new service centre, and I was amazed that they actually provided service. Both blokes were really friendly, and to top it off, they actually washed the outside of the car and the engine bay, and vacuumed the inside of the car. They even deodorised it. Their only comment was that I must have had a number of small white haired dogs, to which I had to reply I only had one big black one. She's old, and she sheds.

The topper was that they put a handful of lollies in the cup holders. Ethan couldn't believe it. The crap car actually had lollies in it. So tonight, after we went and did Taekwondo practice, he even got to have the final one, a raspberry mint. The caring, sharing, kid that he is, he even offered to split it in half and share it with me. I was touched, but in the end I let him have the lot.

Ciao for Now, Minty Fresh Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Yeah for the fresh smelling, clean car! I could've used the services of those blokes to clean up the mess in my car this weekend!

Oh, and the lollies, they never give you lollies in your car over here! Lucky!

Carrie

6:27 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

that is cool bout the lollies, none given here either.

my hubby drives our "crap" car too!:)

m

10:29 am  
Blogger LBA said...

aww .. that is such a lovely story ;) Cool car-servicing-place though !

9:45 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Man, we don't get lollies here either! And I'm married to my mechanic. That's just not fair....

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home