Friday, September 15, 2006

Out of reach, so far....

Callum is just about to turn one. It's now less than a week away. I remember when he used to be shorter. Yes, shorter. Callum is now at the age where he can stand and reach over the top of the table and bench ledges. This means things which are at that height which previously had been "safe", are now "safe" no longer. He made it through the cupboards, now he's on to the good stuff.

The good stuff usually revolves around food. This evening, I came home and prepared dinner. It was pretty simple. I'd gone to the shop and bought a roast chicken and some salads, so really all I had to do was dish it out. The main activity was cutting up Callum's dinner into small enough pieces that he wouldn't choke on it. Of course, at the time I was doing that, I already had put out everyone else's dinner. My mistake was leaving it on an area of the bench where little "Reachy's" fingers could reach up and grab at the plates, this tipping the contents all over the floor.

It didn't end after cleaning that up. We did manage to sit down and eat, with Callum under reasonable control by plonking him in his high chair. However, after the meal, I made the mistake of not clearing the table straight away. Up he went, and the next second I turned around and he had Aidan's drink cup in his hands. Then it was over him. And it was over the floor. Wet baby. Wet Floor. Mop and Bucket in Aisle 9.

Ciao for Now, No Longer Out Of Reach Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

And now, the fun, and the test of all of your baby-proofing skills, begins! Hang in there!

Carrie

8:25 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Oh, and don't feel bad. When Wyatt was 2 (he was pretty tall), he burned the tip of his nose "checking" on the grilled cheese sandwiches cooking on the stove! I felt like the worst parent ever.

Carrie

8:26 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Okay, I should have read further. The mystery of why your kitchen floor is so clean has been solved! :)

3:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home