Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Family Portrait


Just before I went away for work, Ethan sat down at the kitchen table and proceeded to draw. He got out a black pen first. He drew a stick figure of me. He drew a stick figure of himself, then Anth, Aidan and Callum. He then got out all of his coloured pencils and drew a rainbow covering the whole family. He then got out his yellow pencil and drew the sun shining down on us. I'll have to take a picture and post it up. He then presented it to me, and left it on my bed so that as I packed my bag, I'd remember to take it with me. Of course, me being me, I did everything at the last minute in a big rush and nearly forgot.

Anth, being the sensitive, loving, caring wife that she is (and when she reads this she'll think I'm being a suck-job), made sure that I took the picture with me. I put it on the front seat of the car, and when I got up to the resort, I shifted it across into my notepad. I tried to find a place in the resort room where I could put it up, but couldn't really do that successfully. Instead I stuck it back into my notepad.

I'm reflecting on this now, as during one of our afternoon sessions, I noticed the coloured corner and pulled it out for another look. Its a great drawing, and I love how he drew everyone upright except for Callum! I also love the colours, and how everyone has a happy smile on their face. I can sit around in meetings all day, discussing changes and strategies and objectives and targets, but at the end of the day I'm in it for my family. God Bless 'Em. Everyone needs a drawing to keep them sane!

Ciao for Now, Rainbow Covered Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Now that is something to treasure - When you get home - you need to frame it and keep it on your desk at work!

11:31 pm  
Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

I agree with cheeky -- it is just such a picture that helps me get through the worst of my work days.....

12:35 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

That is awesome! What a talented young man you have there. :) You should so frame it for sure.

1:16 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awwwwwww *tear* He's such a sweetie.

1:30 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i can't draw, maybe stick people. thats about it.

m

3:25 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love how Callum is crawling in the pic. Too cute!

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home